World Ocean Day
Ocean Day is a day to spread awareness and information to the people on this planet of the severity of the importance of the ocean. In accordance with the United Nations website, here are some interesting facts everyone should be aware of.
- The ocean produces 50% of the planets oxygen.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 90% of the big fish populations have been depleted. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 50% of coral reefs have been destroyed.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- The ocean is a large source of food and medicine to the biosphere.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Oceans absorb 30% of the worlds carbon dioxide, buffering the impact of global warming.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- World Ocean Day: Life and Livelihoods. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Robina First strives to be cautious of water consumption as well as keep ourselves and the children educated about ocean pollution.
To celebrate and acknowledge World Ocean Day, our classrooms created programs that reflected the importance of World Ocean Day.
Our younger rooms, Mackillop and Mabo celebrated with play dough, painting and talking about ocean animals.
Hollows got messy for World Ocean Day with food colouring and shaving foam and a whole lot of laughter.
Chang and Monash supported World Ocean Day through a mixture of arts and crafts to support development and awareness as well as reading and listening to materials.